In the Ozarks, we have all types of extreme weather, including hot temperatures with high humidity. Conco Companies has developed proven techniques that can be used to counteract the effects of hot weather. Some of the steps we take to ensure your summer projects meet quality specs and stay on schedule:
- We adjust concrete proportions by adding water reducing agents, setting retarding admixtures, and increasing Fly ash proportions.
- Careful timing and scheduling to accommodate helps us avoid delays between trucks. Immediate discharge of loads and readiness of available personnel to finish the concrete are steps customers can take to ensure a quality pour.
- Whenever possible, deliveries are scheduled outside the hottest hours of the day.
- We limit the addition of water at the job site, adding no more than 2 to 3 gallons of water per cubic yard to ensure consistent set & finish.
- For slabs on a grade we avoid polyethylene sheeting. If a vapor barrier is necessary we place a damp bed of compactible granular fill material over the grade to ensure an even surface.
- We employ wind breaks and shade whenever possible, and finish the concrete as soon as the sheen has left the surface.
Conco Companies has the expertise to keep your projects running on-time, on-budget, and on-spec. Contact us today for a bid on your next commercial, residential, or infrastructure project.